Advantages of a HotEdge System:
Patented Design Heats More Roof with Less Heat Trace Cable; Heater Cables Strategically Separated
The ONLY Company to Earn an UL Certificate of Approval for Safety & Compliance
Patented Three-Sided Raceway Makes it Simple for Inspection, Maintenance, and Replacement
Exposed Heat Trace Cable Complies with Article 426 of NEC
Proven Effective @ 11,300 Foot Elevation
HotEdge roof ice melt systems offer up to 50% energy savings* over all other roof edge ice prevention systems available.
When searching for a way to prevent ice dams, you will likely come across many...August 26, 2015
Ice dams are small to large walls of ice that form on a roof’s edge,...August 19, 2015
The sparkling and dazzling formations of ice dams clinging to the roof edge of your...August 11, 2015
When a homeowner realizes the potential damage that an ice dam can cause, the race...August 5, 2015
More about us
HotEdge, Inc. is the industry leader in providing innovative, patented roof ice melt solutions that prevent destructive icicles and ice dams from forming on the roofs of commercial and residential properties. Our energy efficient, low cost products hold the only certificate for a UL listing.
In 2008, HotEdge recognized the need for a low cost, simple and effective roof ice melt system to help prevent property damage. Existing concepts were either prohibitively expensive to install and operate or were unable to heat a roof edge on a continuous basis, i.e. heat cable laid on a roof edge in a zig-zap pattern.
Our ice melt systems have and continue to experience rapid expansion in all medium and high snow load regions across the United States and Canada.
- "The HotEdge system met and exceeded expectations. Not only does it look good because it blends well with the roof, but I like that I can remove the electrical connection from the soffit to the electric outlet in the summer. Nice product." [John W, UT]
- " The Hot Edge system, it is one of the best products I have ever found and works as advertised. It was easy to install and out performs the previous deicing systems I had installed from Home Depot. I decided the money I spent on the previous systems was wasted. Your product is well thought out as to its purpose and how it functions. It has been able to keep the ice dams from building. I have recommend it to other cabin owners in the area because it works great." [Rod S. Park City, UT]
- "My first experience as an installer of your systems was very positive! It was easy to install and more importantly my customer is, so far, very satisfied with the performance. No ice dams or icicles as experienced in the past. I look forward to recommending your systems to all my customers. Thank you." [Mike K. Wyoming, MI]
- "We are very happy with our systems. Yes, we discovered some ice dam activity in an area not covered by our first HotEdge installation, so we installed a second, separate system. Both systems are working well and we have no further ice dam problems despite record snowfalls here in Montana.The cost of operating the two systems appears to be negligible as well - on the order of 12 - 15 dollars per month. We do not operate the systems when the temperature is below 10 degrees Fahrenheit or when there is no snow in the vicinity of the installed systems.Thanks for a great product." [Don M. Seeley Lake, MT]
- "I have been very pleased with the HotEdge product, does exactly as advertised. Thanks!" [Steve W. Vernal, UT]
*Energy savings is based on the wattage and number of feet of heat cable used in the roof edge ice melt system.