The HotEdge® rail is the first and only UL Listed roof edge ice melt system in the U.S.This revolutionary NEW patent-pending system is engineered to prevent icicles and ice dams from forming along the edge of most roof structures by pairing the HotEdge rail with a 12-watt commercial-grade, self-regulating heat cable. The HotEdge rail fastens to the fascia beneath the metal drip edge on a roof, providing a containment system for the heat cable. The rail firmly positions the heat cable against the metal drip edge, directly transferring heat to the roof edge to prevent snowmelt from refreezing before it drains away from the structure.
The HotEdge rail system is designed for fast, simple retrofit to existing roofs or for installation on new construction. The system requires no roof clips or penetration of the roof deck, and no modifications are necessary on metal roof structures.
- AFFORDABLE. HotEdge is the least expensive and most effective roof edge ice prevention product on the market. The system costs less to install, purchase and operate than all other available options.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT. Requires at least 50% less energy than both traditional roof ice prevention methods (such as zig-zag cable or serpentine heat tape) and less traditional extruded aluminum designs.
- EFFECTIVE. Simple design directly transfers heat from the single-run heat cable to the metal drip edge created by the HotSheet and HotShingle panels.
- CONSTRUCTION GRADE. 26 gauge (.019″) galvanized 50,000 steel or .021″ copper. Aluminum available upon request.
- SIMPLE & FAST INSTALLATION. Strategically-cut vertical slots (optional) and pilot holes allow for fast, easy attachment to the fascia, resulting in lower installation cost.
- INSTALLS YEAR ROUND. The HotEdge rail mounts beneath the existing metal roof drip edge, an area typically free of snow and ice accumulation, for easy installation year round.
- NO ROOF PENETRATION. The patent-pending HotEdge design eliminates the need to penetrate the roof deck, avoiding the potential for leaks.
- NO ROOF CUTTING OR MODIFICATIONS. Designed to easily retrofi t on most existing metal roof structures and asphalt roofs. Minor modifi cations are needed on aged asphalt shingle roofs and all composite or shake roof structures.
- MULTIPLE COLOR SELECTION. Aesthetically blends in with the roof architecture.
- EASY MAINTENANCE. Heat cables are easily accessible for inspection and replacement at the end of their service life.
- RELIABLE. Heat cable is protected from UV light and sliding or shifting snow/ice to ensure longevity. Industry-leading 10-year limited warranty covers heat cable failures and manufacturing defects.
- MATERIAL SELECTION.
26 gauge (.019″) galvanized 50,000 psi steel or .021″ copper. Available in .032″ or .027″ aluminum upon request.
Available in 12 stock colors using a 20-year Siliconized Modifi ed Polyester (SMP) Paint System on galvanized steel, or in natural copper.
- HEATING SYSTEM.
Commercial-grade 12-watt self-regulating heat cable, UL Listed for roof and gutter deicing.
HotEdge rail (UL Listed), heat cable and accessories.
- HOTEDGE RAIL DIMENSIONS.
Available in 5′ and 10′ lengths with optional mounting slots and fasteners included.
- ELECTRICAL REQUIREMENTS.
120VAC, or 208-277VAC. NEC Article 426.28 requires 30mA ground fault circuit protection for roof ice prevention systems.
The HotEdge rail is UL Listed (UL Certifi cation Number: E336195)
Other Product Information
** UL Certificate of Compliance #E336195